Friday, July 10, 2009

Why Seed Beads

Marcia Decoster posed this question on her blog. It is a great question. Recently I have been oohing and aahing over ceramic beads that some talented artists (like Jennifer Heyden) make, beautiful metal work (like Cindy Wimmer's) and other's that do amazing things with wire. While I would like to dabble into those, along with polymers and PMC, I LOVE working with seed beads. I would have to say that they are my first love (and probably always will be in the bead world). The versatility that they offer, the variety of "stitches" you can create with, the intricate way that they link together to create something beautiful are all part of the reason that I love working with seed beads. I like to be challenged and I don't like to always do the same thing. I love that I can use the same medium and achieve different results just by the way that I sew them together. They can be used in fun and whimsical ways and for more intricate weaving. That is why I love working with seed beads. Thanks for asking.

Nancy


1 comment:

Terri said...

I feel the same way about seed beads! I love the detail you can get and all the different sizes and colors.
These 2 bracelets are gorgeous!

Terri