Sunday, August 30, 2009

A winning entry

After much encouragement from a friend and being directly handed the entry book/application, I entered my "Trudy's Delight" design in our local county fair this year. This is the first time that I have entered anything in the contest. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my necklace won first place!! My niece whom the necklace is named for will be so excited when she hears!! One of the things that I especially like about this piece is that the beadwork resembles smocking, very dainty and delicate.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Congratulations, Nancy!!! You came in First Place! That is incredible. You must have been on cloud nine when you got that news! What did your niece say, did she find out yet? I had to click on the picture and see this in full detail...it's incredible and so intricate. This must have taken a very long time to complete...and well worth it!
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

Nancy said...

Thanks Cindy. I haven't had the chance to tell her yet. The picture just doesn't capture how neat it looks when worn.

Thanks for your encouraging words!!

Nancy