Thursday, October 8, 2009

Steamtown

My brother and his family were up this past weekend. We had a wonderful time together. Sunday afternoon we drove to Scranton to Steamtown.

I have a never-ending love affair with steam engines. While we were there, they were bringing in the engines that had been out for excursions into the engine sheds. There is a turntable that is in the middle of the complex and you can watch the trains chug onto the turntable, spin around and then go into the shed. It was just wonderful to watch the engines.

It was funny while the one engine was turning, the turntable came to a stop and the guys had to jump down into the pit to shoo away some birds that had landed there before they could turn the train the rest of the way.

I am learning about post-processing of digital photos and was playing with one of the images that I took this weekend. I wanted to share it with you.

Have a great day today!

No comments: