Sunday, November 1, 2009

Maricot Necklace

I don't know how things are in your household but we are going through a bout with the flu.  My older son had it first and now the younger one has the flu with broncitis.  I have been fighting a head cold that seems to take me out about once a week but never quite leaves my system.  Needless to say I have had some down time on my hands.

I was watching during one of those downtimes the movie "Indiscreet" with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. How I love watching movies from this era.  I was enamoured with a necklace that Ingrid Bergman wore in one of the party/dinner scenes.  This necklace is my tribute to it.

I had won a contest on Susan Mandel's site for a giveaway she was having.   I won some fabulous charlottes in wisteria and meadow green.  Sue and I had corresponded back and forth and she also gifted me with some fabulous Marcasite Silver charlottes as well.  I have been wanting to try working with charlottes and this necklace seemed like a great opportunity for them.  I love the way that they sparkle and catch the light.

So without further ado.....  here is my tribute to Ingrid Bergman in Indiscreet!


















Here is a second colorway using the wisteria charlottes.


No comments: