Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Creativity

How has expressing your creativity through beading enriched your life?

I think that for me beading is a great outlet for creativity. I have dabbled in many medias over the years but what has really been exciting to me about beading is that it is a wearable art. It is something that lends itself to creating because there are so many options available, whether it be experimenting with different stitches or with a new type of bead. The possibilities are just endless. When I want to try something new, it doesn’t take long to find something to inspire and challenge me. That is also one of the things that I like about participating in contests, like Use the Muse. You are given materials to use that may not be something that you would have chosen to work with and that expands you in the challenge.

I would encourage you that the next time you see a beading challenge contest that catches your interest to just give it a try. While winning is nice, sometimes the best part is just being stretched to try something new!!

Have a wonderful day today!

PS. Don't forget to check out the BIG REVEAL tomorrow at The Beader's Muse.  I can't wait to see all the entries in this third contest!!

No comments: