Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blog Play

It has been awhile since I have done anything new with my blog.  I hope that you like the changes.  I was trying to make it easy to read.  It is funny to me because I am a "blue" person and yet I was drawn to a softer pastel palette as I worked.  I really like how it came out.  Change is nice every once in awhile. Now I have to go and get back to work on the necklace I am doing. 

By the way, I can't wait to show you my necklace for the Bead Soup challenge.  It was a stretch for me but I am pleased with the results.  I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's designs.  This has just been a lot of fun checking up on everyone and reading what they have posted about the Bead Soup. 

Have a great day everyone!!

Nancy


This is a project that I made last fall that I haven't made up my mind if I like or not.  The overall length is about 26"-28".  Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Maryanne said...

Hi Nancy,
I'm new to your blog but I wanted to comment on your necklace. I like it very much. I like the colors and I think it's balanced and it looks comfortable to wear. I really like what you did with the focal piece.
I often finish something and then have to let it sit a while so I can decide what I really thing of it!

Cindy said...

Wow!! I really do like this necklace - it is beautiful! I agree with Maryanne...the focal section is especially wonderful. I'd love to see this in additional colors such a silvery black.
Looking forward to your Bead Soup piece! I need to work on mine...I'm letting some ideas "stew".
I do like the new look of your blog! Did you do all of this yourself?? I'm really impressed!
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

Nancy said...

Thanks Maryanne and Cindy for your encouraging words. They mean a lot!

Maryanne, I looked at your blog and I LOVE your knitted jewelry. Someday when I learn to knit I would love to make some of those fabulous necklaces!

Cindy, a lot of the blog redesign was taken from Shabby Blogs. They have a great selection of items to start with. Then I just sat down at my computer and added and customized some aspects.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's pieces on Feb 10th. Right now it can't get here fast enough.

Nancy

Maryanne said...

Thanks, Nancy, for visiting the blog. I'm really new to blogging but it's been fun. And, thanks for the compliment on the knitted jewelry. The pieces are really easy to make. I like to combine knitting with fabric and beads and that was part of the inspiration for the necklaces. I'm pleased that you liked them!

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you need to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Want your ex CRAWLING back to you...?