Saturday, February 6, 2010

Shaitana Earrings

Toward the end of last year, I was asked to teach a class on how to bead a rivoli using tubular peyote.  The class was just supposed to be a basic technique class.  I don't know about you but I like to be able to "do" something with what I learn when I learn a new technique.  So I came up with these earrings so that they had something to "do" with the beaded rivoli if they wanted to. 

I have to say that I really like this pattern.  I have already made several pair of these earrings to go with some of the different jewelry pieces I have made.  I haven't really made many beaded earrings so I really like that I have this pattern to use.

I just love how the rivoli reflects back the beadwork!!  Anyway.... I hope you are having a good weekend and if you are in the northeast stuck in from the snow, I hope you are having a good beady time.

Nancy

3 comments:

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

Hi Nancy
These earrings are just so beautiful! Your intricate bead work just amazes me! Do you sell your finished pieces anywhere?
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

Andrew Thornton said...

Nice earrings!