Monday, March 22, 2010

Ahhhh SPRING!

It has been absolutely beautiful here the past week or so and this weekend was no exception.  I am just so ready for warm weather to be here!  It was so nice to be able to be outside without a coat and go for a bike ride with my family.  I know that things will start to turn green here soon as the buds are out on the trees.

I don't know about you but my jewelry tends to be seasonal.  There are some things that I wear with my fall/winter wardrobe and some that I wear with my spring/summer.  I thought I would share a few of my "spring/summer" wear with you.

This one is called Jelly Bean Pie.  Awhile back I participated in a Designer's Challenge where group members sent in names for a project and it was up to us to pick one and design a piece of jewelry for it.  This was one of those pieces.

It was really fun to take the name and see where it took you.

Here are two others from that challenge as well.

This one is called Waterfall Wonders. 

I love the way that it dangles and have so much free movement when worn.

Another from the challenge was this project called Indian Princess.  I combined different stitches for this project.  This one has a special place in my heart as it reminds me of when I was part of the YMCA's Indian Princess program with my dad.  I have such fond memories of the things that we did together as part of it.


Last but not least is a fun bracelet that I named after my niece, Esther's Garden Bracelet.  It is a fun, whimsical bracelet with lots of dangles.  I included a picture of how it looks when worn.  It is just one of those fun, easy projects that just reminds me of spring. 
Well I hope that these projects have given you some spring inspiration!!!

Have a wonderful day today!!

~Nancy

4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Seed beading is SO beyond me. I can't do it. I am lousy at it. And I so admire your work!!!!

Nancy said...

Lori

How funny because I struggle with stringing and you do such a fabulous job at it!!

Cyndi L said...

Ooooo...I love Esther's garden bracelet! What a lucky girl to have something so beautiful named for her :-)

Maryanne said...

I'm the same way, Nancy. Everything I do is influenced by the season! I love using autumn colors in the fall and spring colors in the spring.
Love your spring designs.
Thanks for sharing them.
Maryanne