Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Blue Esther's Garden

The weather people say that we will be having some warm weather this coming Easter weekend.  That must have been on my mind when I taught Esther's Garden Bracelet this past weekend at the Garden of Beadin' in Bartonsville.  I decided to make my teaching version with two shades of blue seed beads instead of the plethora of spring colors that are in the pattern (you can see original here).

When I got it home (because with teaching I don't finish in class, mine is for demonstrating purposes), I saw some lucite flowers on my beading table.  I decided that I would add those to the center instead of just the little seed beads accents.


I used two sizes, 6mm flowers and 7x12 mm flowers.  These I got from Shipwreck Beads.  I anchored the 7x12 mm flower with a cream colored 4 mm bead and a seed bead.  You can see in the bottom photo how I arranged the flowers with a small seed bead picot for accent in between.


Now I am already to get my spring/summer wardrobe out of the closet!!

4 comments:

Jewelry By Jessica said...

Very Pretty! ^_^

Nancy said...

Thanks Jessica!!

Cindy said...

As always, I am so in awe of your work, Nancy! Your bracelet is beautiful and so aptly named. I love the addition of the pretty flowers (and your photography is wonderful - that close up is great!)
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!
Cindy
www.sweetbeadstudio.com

Nancy said...

Thanks, Cindy. I am working on my photography. Sometimes it feels like it is always the same but I am working on it. Have a wonderful Easter with your family too!! Can't wait to see pictures of the boys!

Nancy