Saturday, March 13, 2010

Magdala Necklace

The Magdala necklace is another in my experiments with right angle weave.  I love the combination of right angle weave with net weave.

This necklace is very versatile depending on the colors it is made in.  With the navy pearls, I think that it has a very dramatic look.  If you made it with a light pearl and a soft rose seed bead, it would have a soft feminine look.

One of my favorite things about beading is how when you make the same pattern in different colorways how different the results can be.  This is also one of my favorite parts of teaching.  At the store that I teach, everyone chooses their own colors for the same pattern and it is so fun at the end of the class to see the different variations of the same pattern.

Bead Happy! ~Nancy

4 comments:

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and the texture.

Nancy said...

Thanks Cindy! It was a nice change for me to make something that makes a very bold visual statement.

Cindy said...

What a stunning necklace, Nancy! It looks like it took FOREVER to make!! :-)
Cindy

Nancy said...

Thanks, Cindy. Actually it works up quickly (in beading terms) in a good afternoon of beading (4 hours or so).