Thursday, June 10, 2010

Braenock Bracelet

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been playing with the herringbone stitch.  In one of my beading classes, I asked what stitch they would like to learn in an upcoming class (I was in the process of planning my July-Sept class schedule).  Herringbone was the answer I got.  That was the impetus to play with herringbone.  This is the first project we will do.  I have another in the works that will be a step up in technique that I hope to share with you soon.

What I love about this project is its fluidity when worn.  It has a nice suppleness to it.  The surface dimensional detail finishes it off nicely!

As you can see, I liked this project so much, I have made three colorways with it.  The center blue one is the original.

I hope you liked seeing my herringbone project!!!  Thanks for taking a peek.

~Nancy

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love the herringbone stitch and your bracelets are beautiful, Nancy. I like the surface work on them.

missficklemedia.com said...

Gorgeous colors! You did amazing with these pieces.