Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Still MIA and Beaded Rings

It never ceases to amaze me how life can just take control and leave me running to catch up with it.  Sometimes I think that I have overcome the hill only to find that it was just a foothill to the next.  Almost two weeks ago now we discovered that one of the boys had head lice.  I have never had to deal with this situation before and there was a big learning curve for my husband and I.  Everytime we thought we had him clear, a day or two later we would discover more.  I felt so bad for him.  He loves school and had to be out about 4 days.  We were fortunate in that it stayed contained to him but it was a very long week until we finally said enough is enough and buzzcut his hair very close to the scalp.  He had a hair cut right away to about a 3/4" length.  The second haircut was the one though that did the trick.  Can I just say that I am tired of cleaning and deep cleaning and LAUNDRY!!  I know that this is very minor compared to what a lot of people face but it was definately a stressful period for us. 

We were able to get away for the weekend and spent a lovely time with my family in and around Pittsburgh.  It was a really good thing for us and helped us start to feel back to normal.  I did some beading for a new project on the way out and back that I hope to show you soon but in the meantime....

I want to share some more beaded rings with you.  These are another group of three rings I designed.  My favorite is the Simplicity ring.  The picture doesn't do it justice as to how cute this ring is.  I am going to make one for my sister who has 6 children.  In place of the vintage rose bicones, I am going to use the birthstone colors of her children and make her a mother's ring.  Eventually I want to make one for myself as well.  The Cherie ring is named for my dear friend Cherie who owns the Garden of Beadin' in Bartonsville PA where I teach each month.  She often will challenge me to use a new beading or finding that she got for the store.  I also made a pair of earrings using that finding that I will be showing you soon as well.

I hope that life will settle into a routine again soon and I can get back to regular blogging.  Feel free to leave me a comment.  I love to hear what you have to share.  Have a great week.

~Nancy

2 comments:

moonlitfantaseas said...

Hi Nancy, my kids are both all grown up now.....but I know what you were going through, when my daughter was about 7 she came home from school with lice........and she had waist length hair that was extremely thick, it was a real job to get the infestation under control, without cutting off her beautiful hair....but I eventually did it..the thing was every time I treated the lice, I felt like I was infested as well.....that was the worst part, I never did get it but it sure felt like it...
I really like your rings, I think one of these days I am going to try my hand at making some too!

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?