Friday, July 9, 2010

Fireworks

I have always had a passion for trying to take good pictures.  I even started out in college as a photography major.  One of the things that I love to do when we go to the fireworks on the 4th of July is to try and capture is some small way the beauty and elusiveness of fireworks.  If you have ever tried to capture fireworks with a camera, you will understand what a challenge this can be.  So as I watched I started with one set of settings on my camera, then changed to another, and then yet another along with switching to ones that I thought might have worked better.  I picked out four of the myriad that I took to share with you.  They aren't fabulous but I like how they turned out.







2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Your pictures are great!

Cindy said...

OH my goodness, Nancy, these are fabulous!!!! And I know what you mean about trying to capture fireworks! I wish I knew more about my camera to play around with the settings, but I managed to get some pretty cool shots on the 4th too. Will be in touch about those earrings! :-)