Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lili bracelet

I have a dear friend who has gone through some very difficult times in her life.  She amazes me with her resilence and her faith. In the face of adversity and circumstances that to me would be overwhelming, she is able to still have such a joy in her heart.  Everytime I see her, she makes me feel special.  Just being around her, you can't help but smile.

I named this bracelet after her.  The dark band reminds me of the challenges that she has faced and overcome.  The brillant rivolis remind me of her joy and faith that have sustained her and which she radiates to others.
I also made this bracelet using just one color seed beads.  This one is just bright and fun!

 
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

dentedhalo said...

I love the bracelet, I love your naming process too!

Maryanne said...

I love this bracelet, Nancy. The design is beautiful, but the symbolism behind it is even lovelier.

Pretty Things said...

Oh gosh, how beautiful -- and how beautiful of YOU!

Kristen said...

This is so pretty and special! I so admire your work!