Saturday, October 16, 2010

Margie and Me challenge

I like to be challenged every now and again, especially when it comes to beads.  It helps me to try things that I would not normally try, whether it is colors or beading materials or a new stitch.  I was really excited to read about Marcie Abney's color challenge using Margie Deeb's colorings.

I went to my LBS to find the right beads.  I knew what I wanted to do (I just hoped that it worked out the way I envisioned it).  I was so happy that they had just the beads that I was looking for.  The shop owner, who is also a dear friend, kind of just shook her head when she saw my beads laid out on the counter and said she just couldn't see how they were going to work together.  What do you think??  Does it work?  I even made a pair of earrings to go with it.


I can't wait to bop around and see what other's have done with this challenge!

Have a great beady weekend!


6 comments:

Lois Moon said...

It totally works! I love the colors and the bracelet pattern.

Releases by Rufydoof said...

Looks great! I especially love the bracelet too.

Isn't it great seeing what everyone creates from the same inspiration. I posted a picture of my piece a few days ago.

Karyn

Marcie Abney said...

I think it's great! You should take your finished piece back to the shop!

Amy Allworth said...

Beautiful!!! I love this pattern and I love the way you put the colors together!

Cindy said...

These pieces are beautiful! And I agree with Marcie...bring them back in and show them off! :-)

Kristen said...

Oh yeah that so worked!