Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Diamond Net Bookmark

In case you haven't noticed my fancy new icon in the side bar, I was selected to be part of Bead Infintum's Design team!  Who is Bead Infinitum you might ask?  They are the talented team of Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour who make wonderful beaded beads and other great designs!  When I started beading, I came across their website in my search for patterns to teach myself beading.  Their patterns really intrigued me with the intricate designs.  I am very honored to be a part of this team and look forward to sharing with you what I will be making.  I have a couple of things made up to share on Saturday for the Margie and Me challenge but I wanted to share these bookmarks with you today.  Cindy Daniels, who is also a team member, made a wonderful bookmark, using the Time Machine bead, for her grandmother who turned 104.  I borrowed that idea as my DH's grandmother is turning 101 in a week and a half.  He is going to be visiting her soon and I thought this would make a great gift for her.  I used the Diamond Net beaded bead for mine.  I made a second one to give to his aunt, whom he will be staying with.  In these I used round lapis and unakite as the base beads.  The netting is done with 1.8 mm cubes & 11/0 seeds on the lapis and 10/0 triangle beads & 11/0 seeds on the unakite.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Stunning bookmarks. I will be checking in because I love Bead Infintums site and have used the netting stitch once before!

Maryanne said...

Congratulations, Nancy. I love Bead Infinitum's site. Your bookmarks are beautiful! I'm sure they'll be loved.

Pretty Things said...

Those are gorgeous! I have no idea how you do that stuff.

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

How pretty!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Nancy, Congratulations!!! It's no surprise to me that you were selected because your work is always so eye-catching and simply impeccable. And Happy Birthday to your DH's grandmother...what a milestone. :-)