Saturday, November 13, 2010

Margie and Me Challenge


Three Drop Earrings
Design by Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour
I struggled a bit with this challenge.  The color combinations that I pulled together looked great when sitting in their tubes and strands on my table but when put together ended up softer than I anticipated.  As I mentioned earlier this week, I am part of the Bead Infintium's Design Team and thought that their pieces would be great to use in this challenge.  I love the green and red combination in unakite and made these lovely Three Drop Earrings with it.  I like them and the picture doesn't do them justice but I didn't feel that it met the color challenge even though it incorporates colors in the painting.

Next I made the Seven Sisters beaded bead, again design by Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour.  This one was more on with the painting I felt.  I love how this one looks like a flower with the placement of the green at the edges.  I am going to suspend this from a chain to wear.

Seven Sisters beaded bead
Design by Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour
Last but certainly not least is my favorite of the three that I made.  Please feel free to click on the picture to see the detail in this Night Sky Bracelet, design by Gwen Fisher.  I love airy-ness of this bracelet.  The pattern also comes with directions to make this pattern into two different pendants that are stunning.  While this is my favorite, again I don't exactly feel that it met the color challenge of the photo, it ended up much softer than I expected. 

Night Sky Bracelet
Design by Gwen Fisher
Not too bad overall I guess.  When all is said and done though, I enjoy this challenge!!  Hopefully the next round I will feel more in tuned with!

Have a great weekend everyone!

~Nancy

9 comments:

Marcie Abney said...

I think your crazy, the second bead is spot on with the colors! That's what I love so much about this challenge, is seeing how everyone did things just a tad differently. You did a great job! Thanks so much for playing along!

Amy Allworth said...

Hi Nancy! Those are BEAUTIFUL! And the colors are a fantastic interpretation of the palette! I love those earrings!

Kristen said...

OH Nancy I love the pendent and bracelet the most! I need to get my hands on that pattern. I love your interpretation of this challenge!

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Beadorigami said...

I love love love your Night Sky bracelet! The colors and textures are just perfect! Beautiful!

Cindy said...

Nancy, your latest creations are gorgeous. I especially love the beaded bead - your work totally rocks!

Nicki said...

So beautiful! I love the colours you have choosed! I also love the bracelet!
Many greetings,
Nicki

Emma said...

Catching up on all the challenge pieces after my little vacation and what a beautiful collection. Nancy, I love ALL your pieces, but have fallen in love with the second bead... it's perfect. Wasn't this fun :0)

gwenbeads said...

So many beautiful creations!