Thursday, December 2, 2010

Margie and Me Challenge

I wish I would have had more time to play with this color challenge but with Thanksgiving thrown in the middle I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked!!  My niece has a large hole bead bracelet that she adores.  I wanted to try to make some beaded beads that would work on that style of bracelet or on a necklace (which is what mine are shown on).  You should see the pile of rejects that are on my bead table from my various attempts.  Maybe I will get brave and show them to you one day.  I ended up with three different styles of beads.  I decided to use the color challenge to experiment with them a bit.  These are my challenge beads! I have them suspended on an 18" black silk corded necklace.


Of course, I had a hard time stopping making them because they are so fun to make.  I decided to make a set using Christmas colors for a more whimsical everyday Christmas necklace.  I can tell this one will get lots of wear this Christmas season.  I have gotten many compliments on it already!!


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit the Marcie's blog for a list of links to other's who have participated in the Margie and Me challenge!

10 comments:

Emma said...

Don't you just love beaded beads... I can get a little obsessive at times :0) Fantastic interpretation of the tile work and looks like a fun piece to wear.

See you next time :0)

Kristen said...

I love these beaded beads! I will have to get the hubby to get this one for me! You did a beautiful job with the challenge as always! Thanks for the inspiration!

Terri said...

They are gorgeous!

Kokopelli said...

Oh, those big hole bracelets are a big hit over here atm! Love your beaded beads and the color variations.

Elisabeth said...

Really cool! I am facinated with beaded beads. I will have to put it on my "learn to do it" list :-)

Marcie Abney said...

These are so cute. I love it when I find an addictive and easy-to-make project. Awesome!

Lois Moon said...

Great colors in the beaded beads. I love how the netting echoes the tile work from the inspiration.

Amy Allworth said...

What a great idea to make beads for those large hole beaded bracelets! I really enjoy your beaded beads. I think you captured the challenge colors well!

Releases by Rufydoof said...

I love your beaded beads... so cute! Your other colourway is gorgeous too. Well done!

Karyn
Australia

HS with Him said...

OH, you did a great job! And the Christmas colored ones are adorable.
Blessings, Shirley