Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rose Garden

It is yet another snowy day here in the Northeast, with some freezing rain thrown in just to keep us on our toes.  I have been sick with bronchitis for the past three or four days and I am ready to feel well again!!  I discovered, yet again, that I really don't like to be still.  I haven't even felt up to beading.  I am hoping that by the middle or end of today I will at least feel like picking up my beads and doing something!!

I want to share with you a necklace that I made before the illness set in. I have seen so many lovely necklaces made with ribbon lately that I wanted to give it a try.  For this one, I made three "Infinity Dodecahedron" beaded beads (pattern by Gwen Fisher and Florence Turnour) in shades of pink with touches of green.  (Feel free to click the photo for a better view.)  I strung them on an 18" piece of organza ribbon.  The dodecahedron beaded bead gives it such a delicate feel.  With all the snow we've been getting, I must have spring on my mind!!



I hope all is well with you and that you have been busy beading!  I would love to see what you've made.  Feel free to send me a picture of your latest creation.  Have a great day.

~Nancy

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Stunning Nancy. That is such a sweet springy necklace!

Florence Turnour said...

Gorgeous! I hope you are feeling well now.

Beadorigami said...

Beautiful Nancy! I love how you've paired these beaded beads with ribbon.

Cindy said...

Nancy, I'm so sorry you're sick - I'm hoping for a speedy recovery! It is no fun to be in such cold weather and sick on top of it all. Your latest creation is just gorgeous... was thinking of you today when I admired my earrings yet again. :-)

Pretty Things said...

PRETTY beads!