Saturday, February 19, 2011

Margie and Me - February Color Challenge

Well, it is that time for the reveal of this month's Margie and Me challenge.  I have grown so much through these challenges that I look at how I use color differently than just using whatever strikes my fancy.  This month I chose to use Colors of Constructivism (#102).  I love the subtly of the colors in this coloring.


For mine, I made this flat bracelet with lots of matte metallic gray seeds and accented with different shades of blue and green.  I probably threw in more blue than the palette called for but I am happy with the results.  This bracelet is called Acotas.  Be sure to check out Marcie's Blog for a list of participants and see everyone's creations!


In addition to my challenge piece, I made a second version of the Acotas bracelet using softer spring colors as well. Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend.  ~Nancy

11 comments:

Amy said...

Nancy - I love your Acotas bracelet. The design is great and I love how you brightened that color palette and still stayed true to it!

beadworkbyh said...

I love your bracelet! I agree with Amy - it was a very good interpretation of the palette!

earthlyjewels said...

Wow! Stunning pieces! I really love the Acotas bracelet and the color palette you used for it.

Penny of Earthly Jewels

Kristen said...

Oh Nancy this is beautiful! I love the weave and flow of your stitching.

Shirley said...

Awesome job Nancy. Your work is beautiful. I'm love seeing everyone's interpretations of the art. I think the delicate lines in the art are mirrored wonderfully in your bracelet.

Releases by Rufydoof said...

Wow these are absolutely beautiful Nancy... are these your own patterns? Absolutely gorgeous - they look like they'd be very comfortable to wear.

Karyn
Australia

Kokopelli said...

These challenges really developped my use of color. And I want to steal that bracelet from you! :-)

Marcie A. said...

What a tight weave! I love a cuff with a good weave and width. Beautiful!

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

Beautiful cuff. You captured the pallette wonderfully. Thanks for sharing.

rockcreekcreations said...

I love your Margie & me piece. It really catches the subtlety of colors,

Elisabeth said...

Love your bracelets - beautiful!