Sunday, March 6, 2011

I don't know either....

I often have friends ask me how I work full time, take care of two growing boys and my dear husband, serve in church and find time to bead, write patterns & teach.  I don't have a good answer because it all just seemed to fit in somehow.  I have always been somewhat disciplined with my time.  I have to honestly say that this year I don't feel that way at all.  I know that I have mentioned it multiple times here but my time and what I have to get done in it is just getting away from me.  I have tried to only commit to things that I know I can do and I have learned to say no and let go of certain responsibilities.  I think that some of it is also the fact that my boys are getting older (9 and 12) and are getting involved in different activities and sports.  I truly feel that it is important for them to do these things and support them in them.  Anyway, how do you make it all fit into your schedule??  I look forward to hearing how you overcome time challenges.

I have been squeezing in some beading in between everything else.  As you know I have been enjoying being on Bead Infinitum's Design Team.  It has really helped me in my personal beading, reading another's directions and using stitches in new ways.  I have always loved their patterns and have quite a few from when I started beading because I love intricate designs.  I made an Infinity Donut.  Actually I have made several, working through different color combinations and bead sizes. I finally gave in and went back to working with the "little beads" because I like intricate.  It is just my style.  I paired this Infinity Donut up with some lapis, copper and glass accents for this lovely "Denim" necklace.  I love the rustic feel it has like a pair of well-worn comfortable jeans.
Infinity Donut beaded bead
 I kept with the denim-y colors and made these lovely Hour Glassy beads. I added some surface embellishment and paired them with some denim lapis  to create these barrel earrings.  These were a really neat beaded bead.  I love how Gwen and Florence used herringbone to create the edging on the bead.  It was a truly unique application.

Hour Glassy beads
I hope you have a great week.  I look forward to hearing how you handle your busy life and its challenges.  Happy Beading.

~Nancy





6 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love this necklace and earring set, Nancy! I like the Bead Infinitum patterns also. I love the donut pattern you used.
As far as time, I don't know. I never have enough of it and my children are adults, grown and out of the nest. I really wish I had an anwser for you. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Beautiful set!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

More beautiful creations, Nancy! The colors of the stones do remind me of denim...the earrings and necklace are amazing!
For me...the only way I can barely squeeze everything in that's going on in my life is to stay up late! No sleep for me! :-)

Kristen said...

I have been feeling the same as of late. I am even posting about managing my time better.

I love the denim necklace and earrings you know they are right up my alley!

Hugs

gwenbeads said...

The colors are gorgeous together, and I love the extra embellishment you added to the Hour Glassy. It's a beautiful addition!

Blogger said...

Sports betting system earn +$3,624 PROFIT last week...

Z-Code System winning picks and predictions for MLB, NHL, NBA and NFL!!!