Thursday, April 14, 2011

Karina Necklace

As I mentioned on Tuesday, life has been very busy.  It seems like the theme of my life this year.  I am finding it hard to stop and catch my breath.  I have had to let go of some commitments that I truly enjoy but hopefully when things settle down I can pick some of them back up where they used to fit in my life.  I am sure that many of you face this same issue.  With a job and two pre-teen (almost teen, did I really just type that) boys, life is full.  A good full.  My oldest is currently on the track team and I have just been amazed at his endurance.  Between his first practice timed mile about 3-4 weeks ago and his first meet this past Saturday, he shaved a minute off his 1600m time.  I am so proud of him!

Last month someone dear to me lost a baby.  My heart broke.  Having been through the same experience it just grips you in a way that is hard to explain.  I wanted to create something in honor and remembrance of that child.  As I was thinking about it, the image of a baby being carried in a blanket held at the top, like the stork carrying a baby, came to mind.  This necklace is my version of that image.  The name Karina means "Dear Little One".  I thought it so appropriate for this necklace. 

Thanks for taking a peek and have a great day!

~Nancy

The pattern is available in my lulu store (click photo in side bar)
and http://www.lanaikinsky.com/.

8 comments:

Marcie A. said...

This is beautiful Nancy! What a tribute to your friend and her child. Thank you for sharing. Also, don't worry about life...it goes up and down. Just enjoy it!

Maryanne said...

I love this necklace, Nancy. It's a beautiful tribute. I know what you mean about life being crazy. My children are grown, but still life gets crazy. Enjoy these years with your boys. They go very quickly! My baby is getting married in 3 weeks and I don't know how she got to be 27!!

Kristen said...

What a heart you have. Having been there too I know that this gesture means a lot to your friend. I am sending hugs to your friend (no words, just hugs)
I know about crazy too with one ready to graduate and off to college and one ready to start kindergarten it has been crazy here too.

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!

history about jewelry said...

Wow, wonderful necklace which is so pretty and beautiful.I love such gorgeous necklace.Simply fabulous.

jewelry box benefits said...

Fabulous necklace which is so gorgeous.I love it.Tremendous work.

Designs by Dawn Marie said...

I just linked over here from Kristen's blog review and reading your post about How" Karina came to be was beyond touching. I'm moved....

I look forward to reading your inspirations time & time again in the future. Have a wonderful week!

{Hugs!}

VernaMarye said...

Nancy, I have tears in my eyes as I try to write this, your loving tribute to your friend's loss is inspiring!
Also, I understand what you are saying, when it comes to your kids. I raised 3 sons alone, and it was awesome and challenging, all at the same time. The oldest was into Basketball and Band. The second was into Football and Track, and the youngest, was in Band and Drama. Watching them mature in their chosen paths was awesome and terrifying! Savor every minute, my friend, as the time will go by so quickly. This necklace is truly beautiful!!!