Thursday, July 28, 2011

Aisling Necklace

I was visiting different websites awhile back and was admiring how a bracelet was constructed.  It was a way that I hadn't tried before.  I am so sorry that I cannot remember which website that it was because it was the inspiration for a few new designs for me.  What I created is in no way like the piece that I saw but it inspired me to play with my beads in a different way.  This necklace is one of the designs that came out that time of playing.

What I love about this necklace is its dimensionality.  It is hard to see in the pictures but the centers where the cream beads are along the chain and pendant are raised.  This makes for a very interesting weave.  The other aspect that I love is the sparkle from the pear teardrops.  I have been eyeing up all sorts of fun top-drilled teardrops at my local bead store to experiment with in this necklace.  Later this fall I will be teaching this necklace.  I can't wait to see what my students will come up with colorwise.

I had my husband snap a couple of pictures of me wearing the necklace.  (I should have chosen a better top to show it off)  I can tell that I will wear this a lot this winter with my higher necked shirts!!

I have finally been getting back on the designing bandwagon.  I went through quite a dry spell this year between our schedule and some other issues.  It feels so good to get the beads back in my hands and feel ideas happening.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at what I have been up to.

The pattern for this necklace is available at A Beadaful World and at NLP Bead Design.


7 comments:

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

It's beautiful!!!!!!

Marcie Abney said...

I think it's gorgeous! Great job!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads said...

Wondreful! You are very creative!

Kristen said...

OMG Nancy this is a must have for my wish list for sure! I love the way you design and your pieces wear so nicely! Oh I have to have this one!!!! Actually you know I want all your designs Right? LOL

Mandy said...

Very beautiful! It reminds me of a renaissance piece! Or in the days of Anne Bolyn!

Almost Precious said...

This is such a pretty piece and I can see how one could make it as casual or as elegant as they desire.

Releases by Rufydoof said...

Wow Nancy that is stunning. I think I will have to add this to my list of your other patterns I have my eye on...I am currently working on Persian Lullaby!

Karyn
Australia