Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bead Soup Party

Sorry I didn't get a chance to share this earlier with you so that you could join in but I have jumped on the Bead Soup band wagon again. Due to a lot of other things going on, I missed the last one.  So I am really excited to participate in this challenge again.  For those of you who don't know what the Bead Soup Party is, the fabulously talented Lori Anderson hosts a Bead Soup Party.  Anyone can sign up and she pairs up the entrants.  You exchange a focal, clasp and some coordianting beads and receive some back.  Then the fun begins, you create!  There is a deadline for when your piece has to be done and there is a lot of blog hopping to check out all the wonderful creations.  I have the utmost respect and awe for Lori - there were over 300 participants this time that she hand matched!  For more information, check out Lori's blog here or specifically about the Bead Soup Party here.

I love the challenge of having to created with things that I may not have chosen myself.  It stretches my imagination to go outside my box.  These are my creations from past Bead Soup Parties. 



I am truly blessed again to be partnered this time with Nan Emmett, Spirited Earth.  Nan is a very talented artist.  She makes wonderful clay beads.  I having been browsing through her blog post and her Etsy shop.  She had a post from last December (12-6-2010) where she shared this awesome ornament.  I love this pendant!  I hope that maybe she will make more for this holiday season so the I can make some ornaments like this.  Anyway, I digress.... I have been having fun picking out beads to send her that I hope she will like but also will challenge her to think outside her box. Well back to my regularly scheduled day, hope yours is wonderful!

~Nancy

2 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Nan is indeed awesome, and I love what you made the other parties! Thanks for being a loyal fan!

Elizabeth said...

So nice to meet o\you!! this is my very first Bead Soup Party !! Your work is stunning and I have hopped on as a follower!!!
Bead On!!