Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful

It has been a crazy and sometimes rough year.  There is much that I could complain about, things we have struggled with this year but lately I have been focusing on my blessings instead.  All things considered I am truly blessed.  I have a wonderful family who loves me, a home to keep me warm, food and clothes.  My basic needs are met each day.  Sometimes I think that we lose sight of that in our everyday life.  We worry about what is coming around the bend, how do we pay for this or we know this big expense is coming and how will we take care of it.  It is GOOD to sometimes just step back and see how many blessings we truly have.  So today I am going to count my blessings (tomorrow my worries may take back over, but today...)

I would like to share with you a favorite picture of mine that is a blessing in many ways.  A good friend (Rose Finley) of a good friend graciously offered to take our family picture.  We had it scheduled at the end of October.  It turned out to be the day that a nor'easter hit the northeast (we ended up with over 12" of snow).  We rescheduled for the morning since the worst of the snow was after lunch and at the end of our time, she asked if we wanted to take pictures in the snow which had started to fall.  My boys and I were game and I love this picture!  I hope you take time to appreciate what you have and those who are in your life.  I so appreciate all of you who come and read my blog and enjoy my designs.  Your kind words and visits here mean so much to me.  Thank you.  Have a wonderful day today!!  I pray that God will bless you greatly.

~Nancy

3 comments:

Mary K. McGraw said...

lovely picture and great sentiments.

Mary K

Maryanne said...

I agree with you that we need to step back and look at all we have instead of what we want or think we need. Both the picture and the post were lovely!

Kristen said...

Yes taking a step back to remember what we ARE blessed with is a great idea. I am blessed that you choose to share this awesome picture of you and your boys and for that I thank you!

Hugs Always