Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bead Soup and the fabulous Lisa Liddy

I hope that you have been staying cool this summer.  We are at the tail end (I hope) of the heat wave hitting the East Coast.  I am looking forward to some cooler temperatures this week.

I am again participating in Lori Anderson's fun Bead Soup Party.  I love the challenge that participating gives me.  As someone who works primarily with seed beads and crystals, I like the challenge of using mediums that I wouldn't necessarily choose for myself.

My partner this time is the fabulous metal work artist, Lisa Liddy of Metal Me This.  She sent me a fun batch of beads including one of her beautiful clasps. I think it is my favorite!  She also included some lamp work beads and pendant by Koregon Beads and a lovely polymer pendant by C. Friesen.  I love that she was so thoughtful and sent me a bunch of seed beads and extra cabacons to use in the future along with some lovely green pearls.




I have so many fun ideas percolating in my head for these beads.  I wish that I did wirewrapping because I have a great idea for these for a bracelet.  I am looking forward as always to seeing the vast array of talent on Bead Soup reveal day.  Stay tuned for a sneak pek along the way.  In the meantime check out Lisa's website with her beautiful metalwork. 

6 comments:

Kokopelli said...

OMG, I'm drooling again over some bead soup. The soups I've seen so far are wonderful!

Tanya Ozanne said...

Great soup, great blog.Thank you Love and hugs Tanya

Metal Me This said...

Are you ready for tomorrow! I am :) Can't wait to see what you came up with.

Lisa

YaY! Jewelry said...

lovely!!!!!!

Beadbug said...

Beautiful work, I love the colors.

WindDancerStudios said...

Looking at the other pieces on your blog I am so sad you didn't have time to make everything you had in mind - I just know they ALL would have been gorgeous :) But you did manage to finish one very pretty piece and I for one am happy you did!